Last Updated: May 29, 2018
We may collect different types of information during your interactions with the Site, including:
- Personal information. You may voluntarily provide personal information to us such as: name, email address, and zip code.
- Social media information. We may collect social media information (e.g., Twitter handle) that you provide to us. We also may use social media buttons. These buttons allow you to follow us in different forums, express your interests, and share information, among other uses. For more information about the social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
- Technical information. We may collect information including browser type, IP address, screen resolution, the date and time of a visit or use, the pages visited on this Site, the time spent viewing the Site, and return visits to the Site.
- We also will collect any information you choose to share through open text fields, where you may include an experience, a story, a comment, or other message to us.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
USE OF THE INFORMATION
We may use the Information we collect for purposes such as:
- to provide you with information you request and related information, including to respond to your emails and to otherwise contact you with information that we believe may interest you;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for any other purpose specified in this policy or at the time of collection.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share and disclose Information in the following ways:
- We may disclose Information when you provide us with your consent to do so.
- We may disclose Information to suppliers, sub-contractors, and any third parties operating on our behalf. For example, we will use third party service providers such as website creation and hosting providers as well as marketing service providers to carry out the purposes of this Site. We also may disclose Information to organizations with which we conduct programs or activities or that share our values.
- If the organization that operates this website is merged with or acquired by a third party, the Information may be one of the transferred assets.
This Site is based in the United States and the Information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing Information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of Information in and to the United States.
For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop or mobile browser, and your ability to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), please visit the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise through these programs will apply to interest-based advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests. If you use a different browser or device or clear your cookies you may need to opt-out again.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We take reasonable measures to help maintain Information we collect through the Site in a secure manner. Please be aware that despite our efforts no security measures are perfect and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.